Date: Sunday 7 June 2020
Venue: Berkshire College of Agriculture (BCA) Horse Trials,
BCA, Burchett's Green, Maidenhead SL6 6QR
Presenter: Jon Evans BHS Stage 5 Performance Coach, BE Coach,
BSc Equine Sports Science, former international 5* (then 4*) eventer
Level: The day is for anyone looking to improve their depth of eventing knowledge. Open to everyone - coaches, trainers, students and horse owner/riders. It will be invaluable to anyone looking at or studying for BHS Stage 4 or Stage 5 Assessment or Pony Club A/AH exams. It is also suitable for Coaches who are preparing candidates for assessment as well as Coaches looking to further their work with groups and individual riders. CPD Opportunity for BHS Accredited Professional Coaches.
BCA hosts competition at BE90, BE100, BE100 Open, BE100 U18, Novice and Open Novice U18 (at the time of writing it is not clear which levels will be running on Sunday 7 June but we will see as wide a rang as possible and can look at the XC fences for all levels).
The day is planned to be informative and interactive with plenty of opportunity discuss what we observe.
9:30am Registration and coffee, introduction to the day ahead
The day will include time spent at each phase of the competition, observing and discussing:
• Warm-up strategies and appearances, and how these relate to performance outcomes in the arena. Including use of practice fences for SJ and XC phases
• Tack and equipment choices and trends
• Variety of horse types at different competition levels
• BE rules – times, distances, jumping efforts, fitness demands placed on horse and rider
• Horse and rider fitness – observed at both at the start and finish of the XC course!
• Walking the XC course - looking at lines, options, fence design and use of terrain. Observing horses and riders tackling fences on course and discussing technique, style and success.
• Observe & discuss finish area and cool down methods used.
There will be a lunch break – lunch is not provided, so please bring a packed lunch or be ready to buy something from the catering outlets on site.
You may wish to bring a folding chair or shooting stick, as we will be outside on the go all day. It goes without saying to dress for the weather!
Places are limited to 20 people to ensure a great, small group atmosphere and plenty of opportunity to join in discussions!
Cost: £35 for currently BHS Accredited Professional Coaches only, £40 for all others (including non-accredited BHS coaches and coaches only accredited to other bodies).
Terms and Conditions
By booking on this event you agree to the Terms and Conditions. For full Terms and Conditions please visit the website here.