A wonderful opportunity to ride around the beautiful grounds of the Bramham Park estate. This is an exclusive ride of approx. 10 miles on tracks around the park. Set off times between 9:30 - 11:30am, late starters will not be permitted. There will be a ROUK rosette, hi viz vest and cake for each rider upon finishing and returning your number bib. Please ensure you have your horses passport for checking upon arrival. By kind permission of the Lane-Fox family.
Closing date for ride entries is Monday 30 September 2019. Strictly no entries on the day.
Emergency first aid will be available. Vet on call is Parkhill Vets LTD on 01937 582025
Emergency contact on the day: Amy Clements 07808 141074
Photos may be taken on the day. By entering you are agreeing to the following permissions:
I agree that photographs of myself, to be used by The British Horse Society in printed, online or electronic publications, which may be shared publicly.
Examples of these materials include, but are not limited to: posters, leaflets, brochures, adverts, emails, e-newsletters, blogs, web pages, social media posts, presentations, speeches, research or policy reports and press releases or other materials.
Terms and Conditions
• The BHS strongly recommends wearing Hi Viz when riding and carriage driving
• Please report to the organisers on arrival and follow the instructions of marshals and officials at all times
• All riders are responsible for ensuring the safety of themselves and others
• All riders must have previous experience of riding the horse they have entered into the event
• Always ride and carriage drive, with courtesy, care and consideration to fellow users of the route including equestrians, cyclists, walkers, particularly those who may be elderly, disabled, children or simply frightened of horses. Ride slowly past others
• Do not stray from the planned route or designated areas. Remember horses hooves can damage surfaces in wet weather • Leave gates as you find them and ride slowly past all stock
• If the event incorporates using a road, ensure the Highway Code is adhered to
• If you return without finishing the ride, for whatever reason, please inform the Organisers and return your ride number
• Riders under 18 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the duration of the event
• Hats to the current standard must be worn and correctly secured at all times when mounted. Please check your hat meets current standards which can be found at www.bhs.org.uk/headwear
• Body protectors are strongly recommended and should comply with current standards – also found on the BHS website at www.bhs.org.uk/bodyprotectors
• All riders must wear suitable riding footwear. Wellington boots and trainers are not allowed • Riders are advised to carry a mobile phone and be aware of the emergency contact number.
• Stallions must display a Stallion Disc at all times.
• All horses must be over the age of four years and of appropriate fitness level for the activity being undertaken – hooves and shoes must be in good condition
• Tack must be in safe condition and fit correctly
• It is a legal requirement to have your horses’ passport when travelling to events
• All horses must be up-to-date with equine influenza vaccinations
• The BHS strongly recommends horses not be left unattended when tied to horseboxes
**Terms, conditions and territorial limits apply. Full details on website. The BHS is an Appointed Representative of the South Essex Insurance Brokers Ltd, who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The British Horse Society is a Registered Charity Nos. 210504 and SC038516