Terms and Conditions
- Advance bookings are classed as those made or received before 6pm on 19 July 2019.
- Strictly no refunds, except if the event is cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.
- All entrants must hold third party public liability insurance either through being a Gold member of The British Horse Society or via proof from another provider.
- Entries on the day are by cash only.
- Please report to the organisers on arrival and follow the instructions of marshals and officials at all times.
- Registration opens at 9.30am and closes at 11.30am.
- Horses may start at any time between 10.00am and 12.00noon.
- Hi viz tabards will be provided and must be worn (£5 refundable deposit required).
- All tabards to be returned at the end of the ride.
- You will be asked to provide emergency contact details, vehicle make, model and registration on arrival.
- All riders are responsible for ensuring the safety of themselves and others.
- All riders must have previous experience of riding the horse they have entered into the event.
- Always ride with courtesy, care and consideration to fellow users of the route including equestrians, cyclists, walkers, particularly those who may be elderly, disabled, children, or simply be frightened of horses. Ride slowly past others.
- Do not stray from the planned route or designated areas. Remember horses’ hooves can damage surfaces in wet weather.
- Leave gates as you find them and ride slowly past any livestock.
- If the event incorporates using a road, ensure the Highway Code is adhered to.
- All riders, whether they have completed the ride or not, must report their return to the organiser.
- Riders under 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult for the duration of the event.
- Hats to the current standard must be worn and correctly secured at all times when mounted. Please check yours meets current standards which can be found at http://www.bhs.org.uk/headwear
- Body protectors are strongly recommended and should comply with current standards – also found on the BHS website at http://www.bhs.org.uk/body-protectors
- All riders must wear suitable riding footwear. Wellington boots and trainers are not allowed.
- Riders are advised to carry a mobile phone and be aware of the emergency contact number for the event.
- All horses must be no younger than four years of age and be of an appropriate fitness level for the activity being undertaken – hooves and shoes must be in good condition.
- Tack must be suitable, in safe condition and fit correctly.
- Any stallions must be informed to the organizer at the time of booking. No person may bring a stallion without ensuring, at all times, that other riders, horses and members of the public are not at risk. Stallions should be identifiable by a bridle tag and/or yellow tail ribbon. Any stallions deemed to be unsafe by the organiser may be directed to leave the site.
- All horses must be up to date with annual equine influenza vaccinations. Spot checks will be made at the event.
- Horses should not be left unattended when tied to horseboxes, in the parking area or on the ride.
- It is a legal requirement to have your horses’ passport when travelling to events.